Well…on 11th August 2018, Esther Martin Mobile Clothes Shop turned 5 years old! This is an incredible milestone and we are all so proud here at EM HQ to have achieved so much in this time! The vision for Esther Martin started some years ago when Laura (working as a Fashion Buyer at that time) realised the difficulty her grandma was experiencing in purchasing new clothes having recently moved into residential care. Armed with her concept of having a mobile clothes shop, together with the support of the fabulous folks at the School for Social Entrepreneurs, Laura turned this vision into a reality, and the rest as they say is history! We have had lots of fun and reasons for celebration in this time, however some highlights include:
- Achieving Highly Commended in the Made in Bury Business Awards in 2 categories during our first year of trading; Best in Class Retailer but more importantly Best in Class Community Impact.
- Supporting members of our community (Bury) who are living with Dementia, not just through Esther Martin but also via my Voluntary role as Vice Chair/Chair of Bury Dementia Action Alliance (Held for 4 years) but more recently in my role as Co-Founder and Volunteer at D-CaFF (Finalists in the National Alzheimer’s Society Awards), as well as raising money to support causes throughout the borough that support people living with the disease.
- Our very first Fashion Show held at Each Step Blackley
- Taking part in the Esther Martin 5k for 5 (Years) Birthday Challenge raising money for Charities supporting older people across the North West.
- Working in partnership with over 80 Nursing/Residential Homes, Sheltered Schemes, Day Centres, Lunch Clubs and Community Groups.
Over the next few weeks there are lots of exciting things happening including the EM Birthday Party, Team Introductions which will be shared via our Facebook page as well as updates on the EM 5 for 5 Birthday Challenge.
In the meantime, I would like to once more give huge THANKS to all of our customers, relatives, carers, managers, colleagues and partners without whom we would not have made it this far! We look forward to the next 12 months… Love as always,